Regularly using hair masks is a cheap and effective way of minimizing hair loss & keeping your hair healthy. So, if you notice that the hair on your scalp is starting to thin, or your hair looks and feel dry, it may be best to include a hair mask in your hair routine.
Yogurt-and-Egg Hair Mask
Yogurt is best known for its microbial properties that aid digestion, but many do not know that it is also an ingredient that could effectively prevent hair loss. Yogurt is rich in vitamin B-2, B-12, calcium, magnesium and potassium — all of which are necessary for maintaining strong and healthy hair. Eggs, on the other hand, are full of protein which promotes the speedy growth of hair. When blended together, these 2 ingredients will help you achieve healthy tresses that will keep on growing
1 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. If you have oily hair, use the egg whites. If you have dry hair, use the egg yolk. If you have normal hair, use the whole egg.
2. Beat the egg, egg yolk, or egg white in a bowl.
3. Add the yogurt and olive oil with the egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Squeeze in the lemon. Mix.
5. Massage the mask generously into your scalp. Make sure to really pay attention to the roots of your hair. Comb in through with your fingers until the hair ends. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. You may also wear a disposable shower cap over your hair to make sure that the hair mask won’t soil your clothes.
Strawberry Hair Mask
The dirt and excess oils that clog the pores in your scalp can also cause undesirable effects to your hair. They prevent healthy hair from growing, weakens the existing strands that your hair follicles are holding, and ultimately, cause hair loss.
Fortunately, regularly using a strawberry hair mask can help you solve this problem. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, so it is very helpful in controlling the production of scalp oil.
3-4 fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 table spoon of honey
1. Blend the strawberries, coconut oil, and honey until they form a smooth mixture.
2. Lather the mask onto your hair. Concentrate on the roots.
3. Leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water. Strawberries have a sweet-smelling odor, so rinsing off with shampoo is optional.
This hair mask is best used only once a week or once every two weeks. You might over dry your hair if you use it too often.